Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on hitting joe wright tomorrow or Sunday. But, it's been warm lately. Is it work going or will the ice be too sketchy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went Sat.

I went Sat. very thick ice. Fished in about 12-14 fow 5-7 ft down . Caught on a 1/64th jig wrapped in black ice chenille with olive maribou tail

20141213_115916_resized.jpg

20141213_103137_resized.jpg

20141213_123219_resized.jpg

20141213_102330_resized.jpg

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ya it's been good. I went again yesterday and did well. Haven't been able to find anything but grayling though. I was using the tiny kastys. I forgot what size they are but the really small ones.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And ya they were shallow. Caught em mostly between 4-6 feet down but there were a few that I aight fished right below the ice which is always fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ya it's been good. I went again yesterday and did well. Haven't been able to find anything but grayling though. I was using the tiny kastys. I forgot what size they are but the really small ones.
I am really happy I made the drive, was well worth it. Thanks for your original post, that is what got me thinking to go. I have always wanted to head up there for the grayling I should not have waited so long. Caught my first graylings ever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
8fly. How do they taste? It has been a while since I tried to eat some.

s

I screwed that one up, sort off. I brined and smoked them. Tasted pretty dang good. I wish I would have cooked 2 and smoked two in hindsight, just to get the true taste and compare.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts