Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on hitting joe wright tomorrow or Sunday. But, it's been warm lately. Is it work going or will the ice be too sketchy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went Sat.

I went Sat. very thick ice. Fished in about 12-14 fow 5-7 ft down . Caught on a 1/64th jig wrapped in black ice chenille with olive maribou tail

Fish Fish Coregonus lavaretus Sardine

Food Recipe Cuisine

Fish Fish Oily fish Stockfish Fish products

Snow Winter Mountain Mountainous landforms Sky

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ya it's been good. I went again yesterday and did well. Haven't been able to find anything but grayling though. I was using the tiny kastys. I forgot what size they are but the really small ones.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And ya they were shallow. Caught em mostly between 4-6 feet down but there were a few that I aight fished right below the ice which is always fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ya it's been good. I went again yesterday and did well. Haven't been able to find anything but grayling though. I was using the tiny kastys. I forgot what size they are but the really small ones.
I am really happy I made the drive, was well worth it. Thanks for your original post, that is what got me thinking to go. I have always wanted to head up there for the grayling I should not have waited so long. Caught my first graylings ever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
8fly. How do they taste? It has been a while since I tried to eat some.

s

I screwed that one up, sort off. I brined and smoked them. Tasted pretty dang good. I wish I would have cooked 2 and smoked two in hindsight, just to get the true taste and compare.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts