Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit joe wright today. It's finally opening up a bit. I would say probably 75 percent capped but definitely fishable. The inlet end is open. Lots of fish rising. Anyone ever pulled anything besides grayling out of there?

·
Registered
24,638 Posts
Cutts/cuttbos...I heard they stocked 50 brood lakers about 8 years ago of around 15 pounds...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cutts/cuttbos...I heard they stocked 50 brood lakers about 8 years ago of around 15 pounds...
That kinda why I was askng. I know they put some big female Lakers and tiger muskies but haven't really heard of any being caught.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I caught a big laker through the ice there once. I definitely wouldn't target them though. Do you know what the grayling were taking off the surface? How is the snow around the lake? I've been waiting to take my kayak up there but previous info I had was mostly capped.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I caught a big laker through the ice there once. I definitely wouldn't target them though. Do you know what the grayling were taking off the surface? How is the snow around the lake? I've been waiting to take my kayak up there but previous info I had was mostly capped.

Thanks
I don't know what they were rising to exactly but I'll just say they werent picky. Not really any snow to speak of.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hit it yesterday from my kayak, 6:30am - noon. 100% open with the exception of a couple floating ice sheets, some along the damn, probably gone by now. Caught zero, which is a first for me there. Only a few fish rising in the morning, then dead. Quite a few bugs out though. Hit Barnes meadow on the way back for some stocker action. Caught a few cutthroat, bows, & cutbows on Mosquitos and midges.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hit it yesterday from my kayak, 6:30am - noon. 100% open with the exception of a couple floating ice sheets, some along the damn, probably gone by now. Caught zero, which is a first for me there. Only a few fish rising in the morning, then dead. Quite a few bugs out though. Hit Barnes meadow on the way back for some stocker action. Caught a few cutthroat, bows, & cutbows on Mosquitos and midges.
What time did you get there? I was there crazy early.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Only through the ice. I only had my 3 & 4wts with me yesterday. If I would have had my 8wt with sinking line, I would have wheel the kayak down there and tried it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts