Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished joe wright on sun. the lake is half froze over. I caught 12 small grayling and 1 really nice bow(20 8)"). caught the grayling on a halfback and the bow on an egg pattern. ;D

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i was gonna head up that way this weekend for chambers and ranger lakes and hit joe wright where did u catch the grayling at were u using a bubble and fly and what size thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I caught the fish along the north side towards the inlet . The fish are cruising shallow. I was flyfishing but a bubble would work fine also. try around a size 14 halfback. good luck

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I've had good luck there with a size 12-14 olive scud under a bobber...errrrrrrrr strike indicator...letting the waves do the work with a spinning rod...I wonder if the road into Long Draw Reservoir is open?

M

·
0 Posts
I was wondering about a place to catch grayling in colorado, that would be a new fish for me

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Mustang

It is a good place...and you can usually have it all to yourself...some good cuts in there too...Grayling have soft mouths...so go easy on the hookset or you will just reel in a pair of lips without the fish attached!

·
Registered
16,531 Posts
We ice fished it this year and caught bo's,cutts,grayling and a small tiger muskie.Nothing over 13" except the tiger(16").Remember that the DOW stocked 50 brood lakers between 10 and 17 lbs. back in the fall!They've got to be still in there!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
tiger muskie in joe wright ? , i never knew there was any in there , i also heard about those brood lakers , ill have to ice fish there and try to find one, slayer what did you catch that muskie on ?

thanks

·
Registered
16,531 Posts
kokaneeking said:
tiger muskie in joe wright ? ,  slayer what did you catch that muskie on ?
buddy got it on a gold 1/4 oz kasty.I've been searching for the pic but cant find it.It was on Iceshanty.com in jan.

·
Registered
16,531 Posts
Not this past winter.I used to catch quite a few of them through the ice,it wasnt unusual to catch 5 or 6 hammer handles a day with prolly 3 or 4 @28 inches or better over the season.The last couple years it has really slowed down for pike for me anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts