Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I assume there's no sarcasm laced in that statement?

I'm not that stoked about it...but I guess it couldn't be worse than what we had, huh?

Contract info?

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Figured the broncos would do that after the mcdummy debacle....get a proven coach rather than new blood. Less risk.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I like it...in his first few years he took a really bad Carolina team and turned them around. Hopefully he can do it again!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
mcdaniels is reported to be his choice for O coordinator. his trust in Tebow and record with Brady and Cassel, may make this unpopular move seem crazy but Fox states it would give the Bronocs the best chance for continuity on an offense on the verge of being great.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
The Armchair Angler said:
mcdaniels is reported to be his choice for O coordinator. his trust in Tebow and record with Brady and Cassel, may make this unpopular move seem crazy but Fox states it would give the Bronocs the best chance for continuity on an offense on the verge of being great.
That would not bother me one bit.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I like this hire. Regardless of the Panthers record this past year, he is a good coach. I guess we will see down the road but I think he was the best out there the Broncos could afford.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The Armchair Angler said:
Not sure about the trust in Tebow part, he wouldn't let him play even when they were getting blown out. But it would be a good move IMO.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I like this move for a couple reasons.
First, he is a defense minded coach. As well as a run 1st minded coach. We need that. I really like some of the D's he has put together in the past. Strong and nasty. Now if we can figure out a way to bring Haynsworth here. That's another story!

Secondly, I was in favor if Rick Dennison. I think he would have been a good choice. However, It would have been his first gig, and I think it's a better decision going with someone with experience. Not to mention that there would always be speculation that Elway only hired Dennison because they are good friends! That kind of thing could hurt down the way.

Finally, look at Fox's record. A winning % in a small market place. Denver isn't a big market town, but Bowlen has proven that he will spend the money when needed! Fox took the Panthers to the Bowl in 2004 and to the NFC championship game 5 years ago. That shows that he can do it! This season should not be an example of his capability. That team lost a huge part last off season. He didn't have much to work with. I like the move, but again draft time will be interesting! Time will tell!

Jim

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
It's not often - as in never - that an NFL team with a 4-12 record hires a coach who was 2-14. The Broncos, the second-worst team in 2010, are now matched with the first-worst coach in 2010.

But, I'm thinking Elway wouldn't put his reputation on the line if he didn't think it would work.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Color me skeptical. I hope it works out, but I have never been a fan of "re-tread" coaches who were unsuccessful at their last position.

I hope he works out.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Bionic Man said:
Color me skeptical. I hope it works out, but I have never been a fan of "re-tread" coaches who were unsuccessful at their last position.

I hope he works out.
were you a fan of Mike Shannahan? Do you think Belichick is a good coach? I'm not sure about retread. Fox has actually been pretty successful in the NFL! Nine seasons as a head coach and playoffs 3 times. 33% is pretty good for around here lately!

Jim

1 - 20 of 44 Posts