Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the craziness that was Memorial Day weekend cool down and headed out to J. Mart.
First stop was to drop off 3 jugs tipped with baitfish. Gotta love the common sense regulations that still exist in some places in the state.
Next stop was the trestle. We cast out a minnow under a bobber and while it wasn't non stop action. We were reeling in a crappie every few mins. To make sure the second rod stamp paid for itself. We threw, beetle spins, bright colored mr. twisters with bright colored jig heads, and jigs tipped with minnow bodies. Likewise, this was productive but not hand over fist. A couple white bass on the active casting and the rest crappie.
Check on the jugs showed signs that something had molested the bait but no hook ups. Re-bait and let them soak some more.
Trolled around until we caught 2 in the same place and stopped to cast. Same routine as at the trestle. Caught a few using the same methods. One side note. While reapplying sunblock I tossed in a minnow tipped drop shot just to have a 2nd rod in the water. Wouldnt you know I caught a flathead!
Speaking of catfish...Went back to the jugs and hand-lined in 2 channel cats. Such a blast!!!
We finished the day by trolling towards the ramp pulling in white bass after white bass.
Good times!

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
i was out there mem day on the yak. the crappie were aggressive af till mid morning, couldnt keep em off the slip bobber and bobby garlands.... my guess is they are done spawning if its not as intense as it was.
shoulda thrown the jugs way back in the trestle areas.
blue cats are running in there.... i know this BC i got 2 jigging spoons in the channel in the back of the trestle and they were chasing shad in 7 feet of water in the dead tamarisk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts