Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made the drive down to JM Saturday morning with my son who is 10 yo. Goal was to get him on some white bass and we weren't disappointed. The fish that we found were all in to 6-10" range but they were plentiful. We may have found bigger fish had we worked at it but my son was happy catching lots of fish so we just kept trolling and catching smaller fish. We launched the boat at 9:30 am and loaded up and left at 1:00 pm and lost count of the numbers of fish caught by 11 or so. While leaving the lake my son fished from the bank while I loaded and secured the boat and in those 10 or so minutes landed 7 from the bank. Trolling quarter ounce silver Kastmaster and #4 silver Swedish Pimple at 2-3 mph from the west boat ramp to the dam and back worked best for us.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Good on ya for getting the boy out fishing!!! That's the days that get them to love to go fishing. Awesome report too. Kinda makes me want to take a trip down there myself but haven't been in years. Got out of the habit I guess, just stay close to home these days.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Sounds like a great trip with your son!!! THX for sharing!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts