Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried calling with no answer and park conditions is still stuck on Feb.

Anyone been fishing at John Martin in the past week or so?

I'm thinking about taking my camper and canoe this week.

thanks for any information

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Here's what CPW had to say on 4/21/14:
4/21/2014 - John Martin Reservoir - The stilling basin below John Martin Dam is still providing some catfish late in the day on shad, worms, and stink bait. The reservoir has some frozen areas however, ice thickness is not safe enough to support ice fishing. Open holes in the river below and above the reservoir may still provide a catch, but there have been no reports as of yet. Fishing is not permitted along the shorelines east of the waterfowl closure line. Please be mindful of all regulations concerning size and creel limits. Good Luck!​​

·
Registered
61 Posts
Geesh - that's two weeks old. Nothing more current out there? I couldn't find anything either. I was hoping someone on the forum here had actually been there lately and could give us a personal report. Still hoping for that...

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
It should be starting to heat up...

Reports have been few and far between and the one's Ive seen reported limited success.

It wouldn't hold me up personally from going down there however.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Planning on heading that way in about two weeks, so hoping for something good there. I'll post at that time (assuming this sad old memory can remember to come back to this particular thread and do so)... But hopefully, there will be some reports in the meantime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts