Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow fisherman,

Headed out to John Martin Thursday evening with a friend and 3 kids included my 7 years old daughter. We spent an hour at the dam fishing for crappie and wiper, nothing bite. Went to sleep at the camp ground; headed back to the dam from 7am to 9am and skunked out again. We decided to go to Bonny, but stoped at Queen to check it out since we never fish at that lake before. Got there at 10am and decided to try fishing for couple hours before heading out to Bonny. The water looked pretty clean but shallow, fished with crawdad tail and carp meat from the carp that took our bait. We caught 14 wipers from 16-20 inches from 10 to 3pm; they look pretty skinny for their size, probably not much to eat from the lake. We saw couple of guys with a 15ft fiber glass boat came and check the water out and left. We fished for few hours Saturday morning and only got one more. I probably head out for more fishing this weekend but don't know where for crappie, any sugestion.

lovetofish

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
so all you saw get caught were carp and wiper
no walleye or crappie
i went out sat night didnt catch a thing just got rained on

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw no walleye being caught there, there were about 8 or 9 people fished there all night Friday and all they caught were 3 wipers and 3 catfish. We could hear the talking and laughing all night since we parked our popup about 100ft from the water. Hey fishingkats, how do you fish for crappie at Queen since it doesn't seem to have any structures, rocks, and the water is only 3ft deep.

lovetofish

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
there was a guy with i fly rod catching them and well every now and then they grab worms and shrimp off of the bottom

but i dont know why a bobber with a worm wouldnt work for them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts