Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished jm stilling basin and caught 4 wallys and 1 drum.Wallys measured 18.25,17.5,15,14.5.Drum was 15".Used yellow or green twisters w/piece of crawler.The snags are brutal,lost 25+ rigs and buddy lost 20+,he also got skunked.I'm psyched!Later-

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Nice job. Glad to see some open water fishing reports coming in. These were caught on open water right? Were you in a boat or from shore???

-Jay

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry,I spaced out-there are no floating devices of any kind allowed below the dam.Was fishing the shore.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
so has anyone been down there fishing for cats yet or is anyone throwing any bait at the damn was hoping to get down there and do some fishing in the next few weeks

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to a couple at the dam,they were throwin bait but reported no success .The water came up like 30 ft from last year and theres lots of snags now.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
do you fish alot at john martin slayerfish and if so what kinda fish do you go after maybe will see you there when i go

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last april was the first time ever,hit it 4 times last year.Prolly hit it 10 times this year,but my favorite wally lake is still nee grande or nee noshe.J-M comes on lots earlier cause its warmer down south.I'll post before I go,maybe we can hook up!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Hey Slayer! I was wondering if you have ever tried slip bobbers? I fished the stilling basin a couple of times in the past at Pueblo and also lost a ton of jigs :mad:

I have always wondered if a properly set slip bobber and 3" Shiner might "slay" them?

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried 'em last year a little but the bottom has a large hump and the depth changes rapidly so you end up getting snagged anyway.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
so has any one else been out to john martin to fish this past few weeks kinda want to know if anything is biting??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts