Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
left at 5 am today with my brother and ice fisher we arrived at the lake a little after 8 the plan was to stay the weekend but we ended up just coming back today due to slow fishing i managed 4 channel cats , ice fisher caught 7 channel cats and my brother did the best he caught 2 wiper 1 was 21 inches the other 19 and he caught a 19 inch saugeye and 2 20 inch channel cats ,the water was very low, we talked to a local and he said the spillway has been hit hard in the last month and is close to fished out i wont go back til may

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice fish guys. I'm surprised Chris actually went with you guys. Shouldn't he be hunting lakers instead? I understand it's a bit "disappointing" for a three and a half hour drive, but it's better than being stuck at home like me.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
nice fish brian you guys are fishing machines. hope i can get down there and try my luck this year, was surprise that you didnt drag goon down there with you.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Great job catching the remaining fish in the spillway. I will be there in mid April for the saugeyes. The white bass will fill my wrath this year with my new lures.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
My parents live in Swink, 15 mls from there and I have never fished the place! That spill way looks like fun!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice job Brian. That dam reminds me of one back home so if I ever get there those fish won't have a chance. I am with AoFisher, I would have preferred doing what you did on Saturday than what I did. I stayed in the house all day and played Mr Mom. I am surprised as well that Goon wasn't with you. He is always talking about JM.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
littlemac said:
benson, i did a job in swink a few years back and my wifes dad is originally from there.great place!
My mother was born and raised there. Her parents lived there for many years. They own three house's in that boring lil town! I lived there for two years in high school and absolutely hated it. So I moved back to chicago and graduated with my friends while living on my own and working full time 2nd shift factory jobs. Holbrook lake used to be a nice fishing and recreation lake and has gone down extremely bad since the farmers started selling there wter rights to Denver.. Whats your wifes maiden last name? I'm 34 yrs of age. just maybe I whent to school with her.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
benson shes much much older than you and actually never lived there. her dads last name is bovee and she had a cousin by the name of himes that lived in the area. i work in your high school its been many years back. but am always intriqued by the small towns in rural colorado. the kids that go to school out there are so much better than the ones in town.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Nice job on the fish. looks the same as when i was there a few weeks ago. I heard the same about being fished to death. but they must not be as good a fisherman as you ;D ;D. How was the main lake? low or stating to fill up? I dont get why they let it down so much.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I caught the Cats on a worm rig above a bell sinker. Nothing complicated, just little kid style fishing!
I didn't keep any, they were all little dinks. We pulled out all of our tricks and rigs, but Anthony was the only one to have any meaningful luck to brag about. It should pick up in the next month or so from what the locals dudes said and from what Brian and Anthony know from fishing JMart before.
Thanks for letting me join you guys, it was fun.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cocoking said:
Nice job on the fish. looks the same as when i was there a few weeks ago. I heard the same about being fished to death. but they must not be as good a fisherman as you ;D ;D. How was the main lake? low or stating to fill up? I dont get why they let it down so much.
the main lake looked good water was up

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Very nice. glad you guys got some action. That lake will be very good this year, if they let the lake rise and not fall..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts