Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

John Martin -vs McConaughy

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Zman 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've got four days just burning a hole on my calander this week, and I'm kicking around the idea of going to either one of these lakes. Definately targeting warm water species, eyes perferably. Anyone fish these lately or hear of anything? I've never fished Martin before, so I'm leaning towards that. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)
John

#2 ·
I have heard a lot of fish went downstream last year during the low water. I have been waiting on the crappie bite but from what I have heard it hasnt materialized. You could fish it for a day and if it is poor go down the road to Nee Grande unless you have fished it before. Are you boat fishing if not there have been some good reports out of Bonny. Here is the email address for the head ranger at John Martin State Park. I have had good with prompt fishing info from emails sent to them. Here it is:

"Tandy Parrish" <tandy.parrish@state.co.us>

Also one that I have been hearing really good reports about is Navajo State Park down in southern Colorado. I guess the crappie bite has been fantastic. I am thinking about heading there in a couple of weeks. There is also cats, northerns, and smallies I believe. If you have a few extra days and need a new place. You probably wouldnt have to fight severe thunderstorms and tornadoes down there.

Good luck on your choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.