Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

John Martin

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  williep99 
#1 ·
Looking for any info in regards to camping in the area marked in this picture in red

EDIT: Also here is a link to the map without my red marking onit:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/apps/swa/maps/Southeast/JMartin_FtLyon_web.pdf

The Purple are is the actual state park.

The Green area on the map is the SWA and not sure if camping is allowed.. but found out for sure that fires are NOT :(

"Fires are allowed in the state park only in the fire ring provided at each campsite and many picnic sites within the state park. Campfires are not permitted in the State Wildlife Area"

But what about the area i have highlighted in red?? It's not in the SWA.... But what kind of land is it? Is it legal to camp? Are fires legal?

Also any info i can get would be much appreciated!! Fishing report?? Camping info?? Current conditions?? Ect ??

PM's are welcome!! :)

Thanks in advance Ricky

See less See more
#3 ·
#4 ·
You can camp anywhere in the State Wildlife Area...for free. I personally cannot stand camping out there though..

D.J.

#5 ·
a lot of the SWA is a bird sancyuary and it is marked on trespassing. some of it is on the south side, the white is private and some of that is also posted

the spot you have marked is a long way from the water and no fires are allowed at this time, all SE colo is under a red flag warning

i know that last year they were giving trespessing tickets on the old RR property

#6 ·
walleye seeker said:
a lot of the SWA is a bird sancyuary and it is marked on trespassing. some of it is on the south side, the white is private and some of that is also posted

the spot you have marked is a long way from the water and no fires are allowed at this time, all SE colo is under a red flag warning

i know that last year they were giving trespessing tickets on the old RR property
Thanks Byron for clarifying that.. I forgot about the bird stuff...isn't that only for a certain time of year though? And yeah, bad time for fires anyway..it's way to dry!

D.J.

#10 ·
Thanks everyone for the info... We ended up camping in the SWA on the northern shore.. just past the Point campground(Which is closed)

Found a nice spot and setup my tent about 20' from the water :)

Was a nice trip.. other than the 50 mile an hour sustained winds!!

We did bring bug spray but with the wind being so swift we dint have to use it at all!! I guess that's one benefit of the wind.

Was absolutely NO water coming out in the spillway and fishing was very slow. Only managed a few small fish each... and FistFullaFish caught a really nice Crappie!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.