Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To avoid "reposting" I read something about Algae or contamination in an old thread? Anyone fished here recently? Carp? Catfish? old shoes? Love this park, went here for years with kite flying club. Gonna try some bait soaking soon. Maybe Wednesday morning. Too broke for nearby Chatty

http://youtu.be/OebVjSLmA1Y?list=UUgq0v2M4n5tUg_w1u6-LZfw

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
If by "broke" you mean you are incapacitated, my condolences.

If by "broke" you mean you have no money, walk in. I did it for years before I decided to fish some other area State Parks that actually got me stoked enough to buy a pass.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
To avoid "reposting" I read something about Algae or contamination in an old thread? Anyone fished here recently? Carp? Catfish? old shoes? Love this park, went here for years with kite flying club. Gonna try some bait soaking soon. Maybe Wednesday morning. Too broke for nearby Chatty

http://youtu.be/OebVjSLmA1Y?list=UUgq0v2M4n5tUg_w1u6-LZfw
Tons of Carp for sure!! I saw a couple of people with a stringer full quite a few months back.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
What the hell do people do with carp? Other than a good fight with a big fish I didn't think it was worth eating. Kinda like eating them cheap ass hotdogs at walmart

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If by "broke" you mean you are incapacitated, my condolences.

If by "broke" you mean you have no money, walk in. I did it for years before I decided to fish some other area State Parks that actually got me stoked enough to buy a pass.
I assumed that to Fish you need a daily pass, but you don't sit in your car and fish (unless you're partyin' at the Thornton Gravel Pond) so I might try that, (lightbulb over head) That can be very easy at Cherry Res, park at the soccer field and fish somewhere near the Dam from shore.

I know what you mean by "OTHER" area State Parks, I hear there's Nuthin' in Chatty, hahahaw!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
What the hell do people do with carp? Other than a good fight with a big fish I didn't think it was worth eating. Kinda like eating them cheap ass hotdogs at walmart
accidently take a bunch in a 5 gallon bucket and accidently drop them off in the woods somewhere. No way a bear would ever find the buckets!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
accidently take a bunch in a 5 gallon bucket and accidently drop them off in the woods somewhere. No way a bear would ever find the buckets!
I see what you did there. And a good sized part of me likes it...

·
Registered
127 Posts
They stocked tiger muskie there in 2012. The DOW also put in saugeye. They were small when stocked but with the abundant forage. The tiger muskies should be getting bigger. Hopefully the CPR will put a few more in the lake. The 2013 stocking having not been released. But.....I think some of the tigers are in the 20 plus inch range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts