Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Big bass eat baby bass (watched this at a pond one day). Big pike eat hammerhandles (try fishing with pike patterns). Big lakers eat little macks.

I have caught only one laker as skinny as the one used to make the point in the blog. At Granby they aren't as fat as some places but the vast majority I've caught had plenty of thickness.

15 inch lakers are usually skinny but look at how few fish over 30 inches have been surveyed: http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Fishing/FisheryWaterSummaries/Summaries/Northwest/LakeGranby.pdf

Ewert - Do you recall the weight of the 37" & 42" netted in 2012? Thank you!

·
Registered
513 Posts
So let me get this straight:
1. You west slope guys have bitched and moaned for years about the CPW "playing god" by for stocking triploids and other sterile hybrids.
2. You west slope guys have bitched and moaned over the years that the CPW does not stock fish that have the ability to naturally reproduce.
3. Now you are bitching and moaning about the the CPW stocking a fish that apparently is spawning (creation of redds) and thus hoping to create a wild fishery that can withstand WD plague that had decimated the Gunny.

OK, got it.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
yo clack, back off brotha.

I am wondering why on earth we cannot get a closure on that spawn since those fish can and do spawn successfully. It's a waste of money to let every clack, dick and harry to stomp that spawn.

What gives?

and yes your side sucks worse today than ever.

·
Registered
513 Posts
yo clack, back off brotha.

I am wondering why on earth we cannot get a closure on that spawn since those fish can and do spawn successfully. It's a waste of money to let every clack, dick and harry to stomp that spawn.

What gives?

and yes your side sucks worse today than ever.
Understood. More Govt regulation is needed.

Guarantee, that I am further west than you today.:cool:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
sorry to dog on your hard workin buddy again...I know you guys work harder than any of us.

yes but the bit of north kills it. AFS country for sure. biased gubmint buggers.

I will rephrase, Your team.
ahhhh the good old days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when clack and ice and ewert were around!!!!!!!!!!!!:'(

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Hey, I am here. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about the fish killing, wanton waste mates of the CPW. Nobody complains anymore, everyone just accepts it now.

We are moving to Wyoming in three weeks. However, i no longer get involved. If I eliminate the "telling us one thing" part of the tell us one thing then do another then I don't get as stressed.

How many will attend the next Anglers Roundtable. Hindsight is such a terribly depressing thing to have to live with.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hey, I am here. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about the fish killing, wanton waste mates of the CPW. Nobody complains anymore, everyone just accepts it now.

We are moving to Wyoming in three weeks. However, i no longer get involved. If I eliminate the "telling us one thing" part of the tell us one thing then do another then I don't get as stressed.

How many will attend the next Anglers Roundtable. Hindsight is such a terribly depressing thing to have to live with.

I think guys have found out that complaining about it on the internet forums is futile and does not help as far as getting the CPW to change anything. The roundtable meetings aren't much different. The best way to save a trophy laker is to educate people wishing to catch one, which is where the internet forums are very helpful. Fisherman who want a better tug than a stocker rainbow, more and more are finding out that its a great idea to release all lakers over 18" at the Colorado lakes that have no trophy protection. The solution is to educate, not complain.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Where you relocating to Cody? We been looking around Wyoming for renticement, requirement is walleye lake within an hour away.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
We are headed to Laramie. Be there for at least 4.5 years. Keeping a place in SWFL for when my ***** bones get too cold. But it's back to God's country for me and I am excited. The Dogs and Kids are really excited.

Laramie is not a town you want to retire at. The town is the UofW. Housing is high (not as high as CO has become) and selection is poor.

Anyone want to buy a boat?

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Wow from Florida to Laramie...I like wind fishing but constant F5 wind gets old...and wind and cold really sucks!...good luck Cochise!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
cool Cody , I take it Ruth got a job at the University? Wheatland area looked kind of interesting, west of town all irrigated farm land, greyrocks for walleyes .

1261 - 1280 of 1282 Posts