Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CWA tournament next weekend. Anyone camped there before? I have heard you can just camp by the lake and no reservations are needed. There is a group of us who are going to camp together if this is so?

I have never fished there before and I am looking forward to it!!!

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Actually camping is free. Camp anywhere. Lots of soft green grass. Big shade trees on left b4 you get to the dam.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Truth about the rattlesnakes. I worked on a pipeline project that was put in west to east about 4 miles north of the reservoir. Highest concentration of those bastards that I've seen in Colorado. Enjoy >:D

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
I hear those Rattlers eat well- As good as walleye!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Yeah I called the Brush DOW office. Primitive camping, no reservations, Outhouses. No fee if you have a Colorado fishing license.
My daughter was just camping there last weekend and had a great time. One of the few places left like this.
I remember camping at lakes before they became state parks full of restrictions.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Really NICE tree lined camping area...
You can even camp close to the lake..
All in close proximity to the "boat ramp"...
AH YES!!!.... THE RAMP....
Be ready if the Wind comes up.. from ANY DIRECTION....
There is NO DOCK, just the ramp on a tiny protrusion of land which faces the WEST.... Takes 2 people to launch and load... AND, You better have Your S--T together..

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
My daughter was just camping there last weekend and had a great time. One of the few places left like this.
I remember camping at lakes before they became state parks full of restrictions.
Yeah... I remember those days VERY well.... BEFORE people destroyed "THOSE" places with trash, plastic, bottles, cans, paper plates, FIRE RINGS everywhere, and every type of garbage imaginable... LOUD MUSIC at all hours, Gunfire in the middle of the nite, DOGS barking constantly at all hours....etc, etc....
Too bad everyone had to be that way... well, almost everyone.
Probably better that their is a bit of "management" nowadays...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

^^^^^ IFSHDOU2? X2

"There's a sucker born every minute"

"There's an inconsiderate ahole born every 61 seconds"

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Yeah... I remember those days VERY well.... BEFORE people destroyed "THOSE" places with trash, plastic, bottles, cans, paper plates, FIRE RINGS everywhere, and every type of garbage imaginable... LOUD MUSIC at all hours, Gunfire in the middle of the nite, DOGS barking constantly at all hours....etc, etc....
Too bad everyone had to be that way... well, almost everyone.
Probably better that their is a bit of "management" nowadays...
No doubt then if you take someones spot they let their dog **** all over your campsite...
Too many people will screw anything up, better we pay a fee in a developed campground these days.

I love shore camping, my favorite was the channel between Twin Lakes many moons ago.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
No doubt then if you take someones spot they let their dog **** all over your campsite...
Too many people will screw anything up, better we pay a fee in a developed campground these days.

I love shore camping, my favorite was the channel between Twin Lakes many moons ago.
I also DISLIKE developed campgrounds...
Used to go to STERLING back in the day... BIG MAC... back in the day...
Jackson... GLENDO.... back in the day...
Those were fun... UNTIL the inconsiderate's took over... :mad:
Then the STATE took over.
Now... it is what it is.... :mad:

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Anyhow....
JUMBO is a REALLY NICE place...
to FISH and CAMP...
Just watch the skies for threats....
And be smart... AND CONSIDERATE of people and the lands...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CWA sent out an alternative road to get to the lake because of flooding. Got a bad feeling about this weekend? Hopefully it will dry out this weekend?

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Yeah i-76 to sedgewick to 138? then back west to Rd.3. Weathers always a crapshoot.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts