Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Jumbo for a couple hours yesterday. Had one bite on power bait, but didn't hook up. Reservoir is full.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neal/CO said:
Are there any fish in it? I thought it went dry last year?
They stocked big trout in it last fall. In October people were getting into some nice trout.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Used to limit out on wipers at prewitt and catch some nice walleyes and cats until that algae fish kill last few years. Didn't catch nothing but carp and two cats last year. Don't know how it will be this year, will probably try it around late april.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Prewitt was one of my faves until the drought/bloom.Nice wipers,wallys,tons of big channel cats!We would fish it in middle of summer for the cats-best method was draggin walleye spinners with sucker meat.My best day was 2-8lbers,2-5lbers,6 around 22"es.Jeez they hit hard and fought hard.Man I miss that place!

·
Registered
636 Posts
speaking of cats and Jumbo. I remember when they were draining the lake to repair the dam awhile back. My pops and I went (man what a long drive) and everyone was shooting carp with bows. they were everywhere. Others were snagging whatever they could. Nobody seen any gamefish until I walked down to the south side of the lake and to my surprise, catfish galore. We brought home our limit in the bed of my dad's pickup. The total weight had to exceed 150lbs with the biggest cat at around 14lbs. That was a great day not only for me but all the other happy anglers who stocked their freezers with whiskers. Too bad snagging doesn't count as real fishing.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
any of you get to jumbo or prewitt this year or were they not worth it?

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Never tried Prewitt,I wont go there unless I can get a boat on it.While driving to big mac in july it looked like prewitt had lots of water in it.Almost for sure will try next year.

·
Registered
988 Posts
EricCO said:
Fished Jumbo for a couple hours yesterday.  Had one bite on power bait, but didn't hook up.  Reservoir is full.
How full is Jumbo Res?

I talked to the ranger over there yesterday and he said it's pretty low.

Do you think he's pulling my leg. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Fisher32 said:
EricCO said:
Fished Jumbo for a couple hours yesterday. Had one bite on power bait, but didn't hook up. Reservoir is full.
How full is Jumbo Res?

I talked to the ranger over there yesterday and he said it's pretty low.

Do you think he's pulling my leg. Thanks
Check the date on Fishers report it is from March. Since Jumbo apparently is a irrigation reservoir it has been drawn down since then.

Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts