Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm fishing these tomorrow and will post how I do. I will get there about 12 or so. If any west slopers wanna meet up there...you're welcome to come and I'll share my knowledge of these tough to master fisheries. Hope to see you guys there!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Reuniata: Juniata Reservoir and Purdy Mesa AKA Hollenbeck reservoirs

TFB, I was up there last Sunday. I hope you do better than I did. I caught one bass (a dink) from Purdy. I hook into a real nice one at Juniata only to lose it. The weather was nasty. Might of had somthing to do with it besides me being a lousy angler.  :D

·
Banned
487 Posts
Re: Reuniata: Juniata Reservoir and Purdy Mesa AKA Hollenbeck reservoirs

OURAY said:
TFB, I was up there last Sunday. I hope you do better than I did. I caught one bass (a dink) from Purdy. I hook into a real nice one at Juniata only to lose it. The weather was nasty. Might of had somthing to do with it besides me being a lousy angler.  :D
Hmm what did you hook it off of? Walleye? Trout? Bass?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iceintheveins and I were gonna hit it today...but the weather is $hitty! Looks like its raining up there...only thing that MIGHT be biting are the trout, which aren't especially numerous (although 1-2 in a full day of fishing is a good estimate...at least until the boom next year from last fall's stocking, then up to 20 in a day will be common until people start poaching them.). I probably won't even go fishing tomorrow unless the weather clears up. :(

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the past few days' awful weather...I'm sure water temperature on these lakes, especially juniata, has suffered. If I would've went today, on a sunny, cool day, I almost certainly would've been zeroed. just something about a sunny cool/cold day that doesn't mix with juniata.
Anybody know anybody who has caught some walleye out of here this year? If so when and what on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts