Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked out the closest body of water to my home. Trusty spud bar and went to back side. Someone had beaten me there dragging a sled.They had turned right around and left. Virtually zero ice to speak of. Certainly nothing fishable. Couldn't get off the shore. And if I could, water was only 1-2' deep.

This week doesn't bode well for ice-making. Highs all week in the 40-50F range.

And my shore fishing areas had 1/16" skim ice removing that option also- FUG!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Checked out the closest body of water to my home. Trusty spud bar and went to back side. Someone had beaten me there dragging a sled.They had turned right around and left. Virtually zero ice to speak of. Certainly nothing fishable. Couldn't get off the shore. And if I could, water was only 1-2' deep.

This week doesn't bode well for ice-making. Highs all week in the 40-50F range.

And my shore fishing areas had 1/16" skim ice removing that option also- FUG!
Guess you need to go hiking for perch tacos. Thanks for the update, I was going to call the ranger tomorrow for ice condition.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I on the other hand found a front range lake that I fished on Saturday that had three inches of clear solid ice across the whole lake. guessing its at five by now. nothing but slimers Saturday all around fourteen and fat, but just nice to get out close to home. nine degrees here Sunday morning fourteen today both days highs below freezing. those warm temps you talk about only occur for a few hours of the day this time of year. its the night time temps thats important.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
It would be awesome if Jurassic Pond didnt freeze and the fish got a 3 month break...come on 50's!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only the coves froze last year, and we're already behind so far this year. Without a real cold snap gonna be awhile-

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I on the other hand found a front range lake that I fished on Saturday that had three inches of clear solid ice across the whole lake. guessing its at five by now. nothing but slimers Saturday all around fourteen and fat, but just nice to get out close to home. nine degrees here Sunday morning fourteen today both days highs below freezing. those warm temps you talk about only occur for a few hours of the day this time of year. its the night time temps thats important.
Same here. Found a front range lake that was sketch Saturday but is now safe I’m betting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts