Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cought this on a pond here in the Arvada area Nov. 2005.  It was about 3lbs.... Ill tell you were I cought it later.  Was cought on a medium sized yellow jig head with a yellow cabelas grub twister tail.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres another fishy.....  I cought this in July of 05 at Standley Lake in the inlet useing a very small treble hook and a few pieces of corn.  It was about 2lbs and put up a heck of a fight.  I released it and went on fishing. 

Is there anyone else that finds them selves realeseing more fish more often, jeez i sure seem too...  I guess liveing in Iowa for so many years Iowa and Minn. spoiled me to death....lol

Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Bigtime36 said:
I guess liveing in Iowa for so many years Iowa and Minn. spoiled me to death....lol
Me too! Raised in Iowa, worked in Minnesota, got good at catching bass, walleyes, pike and catfish. None of that prepared me for trout fishing. Had to learn that the hard way, and am still learning.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
[ None of that prepared me for trout fishing. Had to learn that the hard way, and am still learning.
That goes for me too, W.E., learning to get inside of a fish's head is what makes it so much fun! If it was always easy I would get bored with it and move on to something else. I did a lot of warm water fishing growing up in Ohio but I never saw a fish that could be as finicky as a trout. You gotta love it. O0

·
Registered
360 Posts
Did you catch that bass out of the pond behind sams club and gart brothers off 52nd and Wadsworth? I thought that lake was private?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I USED TO SEE REALLY NICE BASS IN THERE BUT LAST YEAR IDIDN'T SEE ANY. i WENT BY THERE THE OTHER DAY AND SAW THAT THERE ARE NO SIGNS SAYING ITS PRIVATE AND TALKED TO A GUY THAT SAID HE FISHED IT QUIT A FEW TIMES HE SAID THAT HE CAUGHT A COUPLE OF NICE BASS OUT OF THERE IN RECENT YEARS.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, its city land i beleave, some did put up a sign for no fishing there in November, but it was another fisher that didnt want anyone in his spot, i heard there use to be lots of people fishing it and there were alot of crappie there but arnt anymore, the bass are pretty small with an occasional nice one, i threw all them back, no use keeping them just let them grow.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks to the Arvada people sticking together and fighting Walmart, or all the nice bass would be gone. They wanted to drain the lake and build their store.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know, the pond there was going to be the site of the parking lot, and like you said that would suck...... But now theres gonna be fishing there for a long time i hope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts