Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attempted my first true Pike fishing today. Patience ran out so I went for some of those fat mile stockers and caught a few, buddy lost a master angler Pike. Told him to use a leader!
Here is the video:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Those pike are pretty spooky. I wouldn’t recommend steel leaders. If anything, just go heavier with fluoro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those pike are pretty spooky. I wouldn’t recommend steel leaders. If anything, just go heavier with fluoro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip! I’ve been using 20lb flouro. We’ll see in a couple of weeks how I do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Those are some fat ones! Did it get windy up there in the afternoon? Every time I go there I'm able to fish in the morning and then scramble back to the dock because of hurricane force winds in the afternoon.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Those are some fat ones! Did it get windy up there in the afternoon? Every time I go there I'm able to fish in the morning and then scramble back to the dock because of hurricane force winds in the afternoon.
Yep, that's South Park. Get an early start and plan to get back to the dock before the weather gets too crazy. I have a bigger boat so I can stay out there if I have to but it's just not fun to deal with even if the fish are biting.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was good to about 2pm then thunder started but we got off! The bite slowed down too so it was ok to get off. Heading back not this weekend but weekend after for camping and fishing. Will try and use this lure...

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, that's South Park. Get an early start and plan to get back to the dock before the weather gets too crazy. I have a bigger boat so I can stay out there if I have to but it's just not fun to deal with even if the fish are biting.
Sure is! I’ve never fished South Park past 2pm no news fishing is good till then and slows down and weather gets worse!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts