Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Sloans Lake today for a few hours. Moved 4 to 5 times but never found a nibble. Was tossing out salted chicken livers and scented corn. The water was its typical nasty green and the goose poop was plentiful wherever I went. But besides all of that, It was nice to get out and get some line in some water.

Besides the occasional gust of wind the water was calm and still for the most part.

And even though I know I'm chilling on the outskirts of the slum of the city, I still always enjoy the view.

So there ya go, you want these posts, you got em ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, caught some dink catfish there towards the end of last season. They call it a premiere carp fishery <shrug> I haven't caught one yet.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Considering the location, that second pic is really cool............basically can't even tell you are in the city. Good on you for getting out at least, I've been so pinned down by house projects that I haven't really even gotten to go out yet.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I don't know what to make out of this. If it were a piece of art, I would compare it to Marcel Duchamp's "Fountain" (a urinal posing as a piece of art). There were days when I didn't fish a lake that I did not deem clean enough for me to eat its fish. I have gone back and fished some of those lakes in the last couple of years. However, Sloans has neither clean water, nor interesting fish (unless any one else knows anything different and cares to share). Your second pic is proof that you can still find a nice scenery in town though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for the report, I have always had good days using Vienna sausage and just letting it sit on the bottom.

I once caught a big ole carp that had no lips. I think it must had been caught many times before.

I kinda felt sorry for him so I stuck another Vienna sausage in his mouth and let him go. Someday he will be good eating I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AOFisher said:
I don't know what to make out of this. If it were a piece of art, I would compare it to Marcel Duchamp's "Fountain" (a urinal posing as a piece of art). There were days when I didn't fish a lake that I did not deem clean enough for me to eat its fish. I have gone back and fished some of those lakes in the last couple of years. However, Sloans has neither clean water, nor interesting fish (unless any one else knows anything different and cares to share). Your second pic is proof that you can still find a nice scenery in town though.
Well, I don't eat any of the fish I catch. Sometimes, I may take a few for a buddy of mine, but not very often, and not from Sloans. As for the fish in Sloans, I have caught catfish in there before, I've seen some trout come out of there, and (though I've never seen it) they say it's great for carp. I personally, enjoy the fight of a fish. I'd much rather catch a carp than a trout. Though, Im sure they can put up a good fight as well if they are big enough. That and because its close to home is why I waste my time there.
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Sitty, I thought you lived in the P-Lo area?
lol Dave put that idea out there, I have no idea where he got it from. lol I have no idea how he got this polish prince mixed up as a Mexican Barney Frank either :D
Guy was out there sometimes. Nah I live in Lakewood. My brother/fishing buddy was living in Aurora, so we fished the bear creek area for the most part. But he is moving up to Thornton, so now I've got to figure out the good lakes up there.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Gotcha... Well at least you're getting out enjoying the weather.

Want carp? Hit up City Park...not far from Sloans, and the carp in there are thick. If you wanna stay closer to Lakewood, hit up Crown Hill. Big carp in there. Some cats too, from what I'm told.

Good luck...tight lines.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Now this is the kind of report we need on this site. Name the lake, show some background, but only do the aforementioned if you got skunked! Sweet. No really I enjoy your posts The Situation. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts