Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and I have been looking for things to do all summer and we decided to go get our fishing licenses and take up fishing to waste some time. We've been gettin out but are looking for good places to fish. I live in Lakewood just off Morrison road and was wondering if any of you guys knew of some good places to fish around town that have pretty good size fish. We really dont mind what kind of fish we are just looking for places to go and try. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
fishing isn't a waste of time. It's a great activity I'm sure that if you stick with it you'll come to love it. We have many members from around your area I think and they'll be able to help I'm sure.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
fishing to waste time, i work all week just to be able to go fishing on the weekends, though the way i've been catching fish lately some might say it's been a waste of time for me. i should just sit and watch my girl catch them, she has the mojo right now. i'll sit back and wait for the ice.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
dukechops,

Prepare yourself for a possible new addiction. And it's actually kinda healthy for you  ;D There's plenty of very knowledgable folks here on the forum. Just ask and your questions should be answered in no time.

To start off... Sure you don't mind what kind of fish, but you did say big rite? Chatfield has some catfish, carp, walleye, trout and smallmouth bass. There's the Chatfield Ponds and there are also the Bear Creek reservoirs..... I'm sure you know of those, but I don't know how those lakes fish. There's also Arvada Res for trout, catfish and bass. If you're interested in any of those and would like directions, just ask and someone will answer you.

1eyeReD

·
Registered
276 Posts
I live in the lakewood area too.But i haven't been catching too many fish sorry. Hears a list of some lakewood local ponds.
-Union square ponds
-Balsam Park Ponds
-Garfield Lake
-Huston Park Lake
-Vanderbilt Park Pond
-Overland Park Pond
-Harvey Park Lake
-Bear Creek Ponds
-Bear Creek Reservoir
-Soda Lakes
-Main Reservoir(Osner Reservoir)
-East Reservoir.
Hope that helps man good luck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i think that trout is the way to go, all you need is worms and a simple rig to catch em. and lake wood to littlton has some nice trout lakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks a lot. Going fishing tomorrow hopefully at Chatfield to test our luck.

Oooh yeah, I didnt mean to waste time...we love fishing. I meant to say we were going fishing as somethin to do in the mornings before our baseball games in the afternoons. Anyways, thanks a lot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts