Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, like I said above I just got stationed out here in Colorado Springs. Never been to Colorado before and was wondering where some of the best fishing spots around the area was. Also what type of rod, reel, and bait y'all mainly use out here. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome to Colorado and this site. Thank you for your service :) Can you give us some background on the type of fishing and places you've been around the country so we can point you in the right direction?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm from Florida and fish for snook, snapper, amberjack, and sheep fish with gold spoons, bucktail, and some top water lures every once in a while. I used a cheap ugly stick combo rod and reel from bass pro. I've never fished rivers and only fished lake Okeechobee for bass once. I'm not a pro by any means so any advice is welcome. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Lake Pueblo for warm water.
up the hill, North slope recreation area also has trout and lakers, (3 reservoirs.)
You can hit Rampart Reservoir, east of Woodland Park,for trout and some lake trout. Access through the national forest entrance or hike down rainbow gulch trail.
Eleven mile for Trout, pike, and kokanee at times.
Spinney Reservoir for trout and pike
Antero for fast-growing trout.

The distance to Eleven Mile, Spinney, and Antero is equivalent to the South Denver area, so you could also consider Quincy res, Aurora res, cherry creek res, and Chatfield.

As far as lures and such, I'll leave it to more experienced people. I like Rapala in various sizes, 1.5" to 5" or so, but I mostly fish trout and pike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brush Hollow is also nearby down the 115. There you can find Largemouth Bass, Crappie, Bluegill, Channel Catfish, Yellow Perch, Walleye, and Trout.

There are some smaller ponds in the Springs/Fountain (Quail Creek Park, Fountain Creek Park); but I find them a bit undesirable.

Also, there are a few reservoirs on Fort Carson that they stock with Trout, but I believe you need a separate fishing permit.

Ensure you know the fishing regulations wherever you go, some places only allow artificial or have other bait restrictions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts