Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, my buddy John (I play hockey with him in Boulder), wanted to get back into fishing (it had been years) I was lucky to go with him his first time back out. We slammed the White Bass this spring. There's a story behind White Bass fishing for him, but I'll let him tell it if he wants to...

After seeing a picture (on facebook) of a nice Bass my daughter Isabella caught this spring.

He wanted to get into Bassing. We have different days off, so I gave him some plastics, hooks and some tips. He picked that right up too. He kept at it all year, doing well, and ended up landing a monster. I was jealous when he texted me this picture..

We managed a few other trips over the spring, summer, and fall. All good times

Now, it was time to get him ice fishing for his first time. Jevan and I picked a lake that can be a little tough, but we usually do pretty good there. Also, there are a couple easier lakes pretty close (just in case)
We met up, and I drove. Kara and I were told late about going out for my sister in law's birthday that night. I told them, and at the time, it seemed no big deal. We had all day...

----------- I'm going to continue this as replies (sick of my session timing out before I can post----------------------------------------------------- Sorry

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's a beautiful day as we walk to the lake

Then across the ice

We try one of our favorite spots first

Very slow, but I manage one.

After awhile, and quite a few holes drilled, we realize we need to move.

-------------continued in a reply (replies)-----------------------------------------

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This spot was slow as well, but Jevan and I manage a few each

Pretty bummed about this picture. It could've been really good, but I got part of my hand in front of the lens :'(

We ask John if he wanted to finish up the day at an easier lake. He wanted his first fish to be a good one though, and wanted to stay :biggrin1:

------------------continued in replies--------------------------------------------

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad he decided to keep trying, because not much later, and Fish On!

His first iced fish turned out to be a pretty decent Trout (Gus was proud)

Felt bad leaving.. The bite started to turn on just as we had to pack up. My wife had really wanted me to go though, and I had to think about being "allowed" to go on future trips... :ballchain: ;)

All, in all though, mission accomplished, and a great day walking on water and catching fish, under a Colorado bluebird sky.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Nice post dude! Man I had lost that last pic you posted when a hard drive crashed... That was my biggest bass at the time and remained so for several years... I miss that spot already.... Nice fishin with ya man, and good to meet ya John and Gus.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

Gus was really funny about the fish! He was tryin to chase 'em back down the hole!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts