Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope no one thinks I'm bragging, ah, but I guess I really am! Before the weather got warm here and the ice left us, my sons and grandsons went ice fishing on Webster Lake. They did pretty well and I have a couple of pictures to share.
Fish.JPG

More fish.JPG

Huge KS Walleye.JPG

As you can see, they caught Walleye, Wipers, Catfish, and Crappie. I didn't get to go with them, and can hardly wait to go with next time. The cold weather came back and we are anxiously waiting for the ice to get thick enough to try again! I hope these pictures increase your blood pressure as much as mine. Come On Ice!!!! Jordeli

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Fishing is good elsewhere. We now have the proof we have been seeking.

Good job, brag all you want.

Cheers!

SS

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Wow dude very nice! Do wipers fight as good through the ice as they do in warm water?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they Do! They several that never made it to the top side. Either they had weak line (new) or large fish. I know what they told me. Jordeli

·
Registered
24,638 Posts
Jordell

Nice fish how long ago was that trip? Thinking heading to that area this weekend think this upcoming cold snap will freeze the lake back up. Thinking of another lake further east from Webster. How deep did they fish to find fish and did they have to switch spots to find each of the species or was it all in the same lake area...sorry never fished Kansas before...Thanks for any answes!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Jordell

Thinking of another lake further east from Webster. How deep did they fish to find fish and did they have to switch spots to find each of the species or was it all in the same lake area...sorry never fished Kansas before...Thanks for any answes!
Mark, if you are thinking of Glenn Elder, the fishing there was real good from December 21st - 30rd for both slabs and white bass west of the causeway. If you go about 200 yards straight out from the parking lot, you will hit all crappies at 20 FOW; go another 200 yards+ about 11am (clock wise, not actual time) and you will hit both crappies and white bass. Two of us spent 1 and a half day there (plus few hours at Kirwin on the way home) and we caught over 100 crappies up to 14 inches on Dec 27. The latest ice report on Jan 28th said there was no ice west of the causeway. I don't know if there is fishable ice there this weekend after the cold front. Would be nice to have a friend there and give you honest answer and condition report.

Jordell, sory about hijacking your thread. Real nice fish that your grand kids got at Webster.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Mark, if you are thinking of Glenn Elder, the fishing there was real good from December 21st - 30rd for both slabs and white bass west of the causeway. If you go about 200 yards straight out from the parking lot, you will hit all crappies at 20 FOW; go another 200 yards+ about 11am (clock wise, not actual time) and you will hit both crappies and white bass. Two of us spent 1 and a half day there (plus few hours at Kirwin on the way home) and we caught over 100 crappies up to 14 inches on Dec 27. The latest ice report on Jan 28th said there was no ice west of the causeway. I don't know if there is fishable ice there this weekend after the cold front. Would be nice to have a friend there and give you honest answer and condition report.

Jordell, sory about hijacking your thread. Real nice fish that your grand kids got at Webster.
Thanks for the valuable information!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I lived 7 miles from webster, pretty cool lake.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Some friends just got back from Glenn Elder this past weekend and did very well on crappies, got some fat walleyes as well. They said that when they got there around 6:00am Saturday, there was already a crowd on the ice, mostly Corn Huskers and the locals.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts