Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Does anyone know a Kansas lake or reservoir closest to Denver? If you know, please give me a name and approximately how many hours from Denver. I only know Cedar Bluff, but don't want to drive 5 hours to get to it.
I appreciate any info about the lake. I plan to go fishing for crappie either this weekend or the next. Thanks

lovetofish

D

·
0 Posts
All the good Kansas lakes are at least 5 hours away, including Cedar Bluff, Sebelius (aka Norton), Kirwin, Webster, and Wilson.

·
Registered
833 Posts
If you hit Cedar Bluff, Boy Scout cove is the place for big crappie. Minnows or small shad colored spinnerbaits.
If the 8 lb largemouth hits your spinnerbait, it's the one I lost last year.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the info. Now if I can convince my buddy for a 5 hours trip to Cedar Bluff. I heard that the crappie useually get in their full spawn the first week of May. Again, thanks

lovetofish

·
Registered
833 Posts
Forgot another bait that worked well at CB for crappie is the 3 in. Sassy Shad in baby bass color. It has a flat knob on the tail.
Swim it parallel the smaller stick ups and the crappie will
grab it. You will get some white bass too.
Tell your friend he could have a 100 fish day between the two of you. Then if you don't, tell him you got some bad advice.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Don and Hammer. Hammer, do you really think it is that easy to catch so many crappie at Cedar Bluff even for a rookie who never fished at Cedar Bluff? I hope we won't come home empty handed.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
LOL i went to cedar bluff last year caught like 5 fish. BUT i went to late in the year. From all the reports i hear its should be jackpot time soon.

·
Registered
833 Posts
LTF,
I was exaggerating so you could get your friend to make the drive. Exaggerating, lying, embellishing, BSing, all fisherman terms.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, I think I will have to make a trip there next weekend. If I don't catch too many crappie, your guys have to reimburse me for the gas.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I've chased some hot bites around by the tail before! Sonetimes ya hit it just right,a lot of times they say "SHOULDA BEEN HERE LAST WEEK!" :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts