Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Some of the best pics I have ever seen on this forum. Those underwater ones are really cool. What does a trip like that run or general ball park

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Some of the best pics I have ever seen on this forum. Those underwater ones are really cool. What does a trip like that run or general ball park
it was a self guided trip. We had 9 of us and 3 boats for 11 days. Roughly 100 miles. Rented kitchen gear, tents, rafts from Papabear Adventures in Bethel. All airfare and food and everything was just shy of 3K. Not bad considering outfitters charge roughly 1K a day and that doesn't count for airfare.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
it was a self guided trip. We had 9 of us and 3 boats for 11 days. Roughly 100 miles. Rented kitchen gear, tents, rafts from Papabear Adventures in Bethel. All airfare and food and everything was just shy of 3K. Not bad considering outfitters charge roughly 1K a day and that doesn't count for airfare.
Wow! That IS affordable! Sweet!

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
BRAVO!!!! So did they ever get you your gear? Was that even possible? Sweet trip man, I have tripenvy!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Nice pictures,looks like you had an awesome trip, the silvers are piling in to the Homer area now.
very cool. we really only saw them the last day. in fact we were about a mile from the ocean when we caught the 2. if ya look close at my silver you can see sea lice. wish we could have had more time for em. we went a week earlier to up our chances at the kings. Unfortunately the kings were not open.:mad: oh well

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
DAYAM. That's awesome Jim. I sure did love AK when I was there. The fishing is unreal. That looks like a trip that would be super hard to top. Well done!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts