Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to hit up one of our local reservoirs this evening looking for eyes........picked up some leeches thinking it would be nice to just kick back and fish some bait..... didn't catch a damn thing on leeches....... fished them for hours.......around 11 I decided to walk the damn and throw some paddle tails.....I was hucking a 5" rainbow pattern on a 3/4 jig.........layed into what I think was a beast of a fish.......thought I snagged up at first.........fish made some great runs on tight drag.....12lb test..... then.....I decide my headlamp should be on....... and in doing so...... I lost the fish...... I badly wanted to land this fish and the few seconds of attention elsewhere kept me from doing so......I further chock tonight up to karma and that maybe it's not my time to catch a beast eye....... either way losing a fish like this is tough to swallow.......I'm venting I suppose and really just posting because I'm wanting to hear other similar stories of a big fish that got away.......

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Its heartbreaking, and easy to beat yourself up for making mistakes, but let me tell you its just something that just comes with the territory when targeting big fish.

The fact that you even hooked up is a situation of good karma and you have to look at it like a thing of progress vs loss, you are just one more fish closer to closing the deal on your trophy eye.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Don't be to hard on yourself Mack, we've all lost big fish a few times. Adrenaline kicks in at the wrong time sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts