Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

KArmA?

4K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  tal0362 
G
#1 ·
Hey evryone.
Just thought I'd see if any of you have any fishing suerstitions or anything like that. I know that anytime I go fishing I pick up all the trash I see and throw it away. First of all it's ugly and seocond I figure eventually the fish will realize I'm cleaning there area and they will bite. They also need to learn that unless they are trophies I'm going to releas them so they are in no danger when they bite my hook!!!!!!!!! I also have this thing where if I use bait I have to have the lid back on before I cast.

What are yours?

#5 ·
I have two. One is I can't go fishing without having fun. If it isn't fun I don't catch anyhting. The other is that i have to work for my fish. I can't walk to the bank adn throw out a line. I have to actually hike and lug my gear for a fish. When trolling if i didn't help put the boat in the water and help prepare it then i dont cathc anything.

#7 ·
Im all about superstitions...always have been, most likely always will. heres some of mine:

if you tell someone the fishing was really good yesterday and he (or she) goes there today with you, it will suck.

if you catch a fish on the first cast, you wont catch much the rest of the day.

spitting chew spit on your bait seems to make the fish hit...i always do this catfishing, and it works..well, sometimes.

saying "im glad its not windy today" will bring on sudden 30 mph gusts...this is especially true in North or South Park.

heres another one along those lines, not related to fishing really, but similiar----when i was a young airborne infantryman in the army, if you went to the field for a training excercise and you mentioned the word "rain' it was worthy of an $#@ beating by the rest of your squad...i think this might a be a univeral "no-no" for any infantry soldiers in the universe.....not to mention some fisherman...

G
#9 ·
back East if the wind was from the East any way or even calling for some form of easterly direction - no fishing for me!

always have more than a few boat drain plugs handy - even if you checked, checked and checked the main one and it was in.

not really a superstition, rather a rule-
always take S%&T tickets (toilet paper) with you, not matter what type of fishing you are doing.

#12 ·
Rottal said:
heres another one along those lines, not related to fishing really, but similiar----when i was a young airborne infantryman in the army, if you went to the field for a  training excercise and you mentioned the word "rain' it was worthy of an $#@ beating by the rest of your squad...i think this might a be a univeral "no-no" for any infantry soldiers in the universe.....not to mention some fisherman...
Haha we prayed for rain on jump days and hated it every day in the field there after. I have a couple, if I pick up the trash around my area I will have a good day fishing. I also have to keep one of my poles in my hand.

#13 ·
Don't plan on fish for dinner. Especially if you have company coming for dinner or you are on a camping trip. It is a sure fire way to get skunked and starve the guests/kids.

No Bananas. Transporting bananas to a camp site (for banana boats) is ok as long as they are hidden in the bottom of the food box inside a paper bag, and provided no one mentions bananas while on board the boat so as to be over heard by the boat. No fishing can occur during said trip to the camp site.

Any new clothing items (especailly hats) anyone brings can have a positive or negative effect on a day's fishing. Those good items are requested back on the next trip, and warning is given to never bring a non performing item back on the boat. If the person brings a non performing item back on another trip, that item can be sacrificed to the gods at the sole discression of the capitan.

Do what the voices inside your tacklebox tell you.

Terre

#16 ·
I also give out a certificate at the end of the day, it can't hurt.

It reads,
The Baker Award
note:(Insert your brothers name or close friend who typically catches small fish in the award title)

Presented to: _____________

This Award is recognition for outstanding achievement attained in the field of sport fishing.

Today you have proven that you too possess the qualities that have made the person for whom this award is named, Jim Baker, the unrivaled expert in this subject.

You earned this award with innate abilities, dedication to task, and caught the smallest fish of the day.

Achieved and awarded this day, the ___ day of _____, 2005
Species ______________, approximate length _________

Signed ________
your name,
your name, boat , adventure service...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.