Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I "STEAL" split rings off of lures I don't care for anymore....

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Yup, NO swivels, I buy bags of split rings they are cheap and my Bouyants are lacking a split ring also-

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Yeah a bag of 30 are 2 bucks...buy one less beer...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
$2 for a beer-what kind of dives are you drinking in? :)

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Six packs arent 12 bucks are they?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Bars don't sell 6 paks.

Never been able to drink much at home-guess I need a drunk or two around me for entertainment.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do your split rings get bent open a little bit once you've put em on your big kastys? I out two rings on two kastys and they weren't as tight as they were before

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Do your split rings get bent open a little bit once you've put em on your big kastys? I out two rings on two kastys and they weren't as tight as they were before
get a pair of split ring pliers!

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
I have found that good split rings stay tight. The cheaper chinese ones are soft .

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have found that good split rings stay tight. The cheaper chinese ones are soft .

Ok. I just took em off one of my older lures and attached em. You have to open so wide to get it on the bigger kastys. Do you use a split ring tool? I would imagine you do. I should probably get one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts