Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my family recently vacationed in Marco Island, FL. We rented a house on the inshore canals leading out to the Gulf and also rented 2 kayaks for the week. I had a blast catching a bunch of inshore species (I believe we counted 9 in total). I am always amazed at how hard saltwater fish fight compared to the freshwater fish I'm used to. One afternoon I brought the GoPro's along and filmed one of the outings. Check it out!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet! i love fishing saltwater. what were you using?
The first few days down there I was trying to force the bite to happen on artificials. I used a lot of Dynamic Lures HD Trout and J-Spec's, Berkley Plastics and Minnows, and Atraxx Baits saltwater Pogie and Shrimps. I hooked up a few times but wasn't getting much action in these backwater canals. I think if I would have thrown those in shallow water (not much in those canals, they would have got bit). I found one dock w/ underwater lights that was holding about 30 Snook. I tossed my HD Trout through there when all of a sudden they went into a feeding frenzy, I hooked up 3 times in about 5 minutes and all 3 got off by jumping/shaking the hooks. I conceded and went to the Marina, picked up a few dozen live shrimp. I hooked those onto a 2/0 Circle Hook and all types of fish started biting. It was actually a pretty fun way to fish, tossing a live shrimp near the docks, the fish chase it immediately and most of the times hook themselves w/ the circle hook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts