Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What sucks about this is I won't be able to make it, but the Colorado Kayak Fishing Club's tourney at Aurora on the 13th of June has Jackson Kayak putting up a 2015 Coosa HD Kayak for the first place finisher. I had a blast when I fished Wellington, and they accept any hand launched, non-motorized boat(kayak, canoe, float tubes, pontoon boats). Helluva prize if you know that water and how to catch it's fish.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Could someone please post up some info on this tourney here for us that don't do the FB thing? I might even be interested in this one!

THX!!!

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
I would be using my new Venture pontoon.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Thanks Andrew. It is June 13, Aurora Res. $45 entry via PayPal, $50 for walk up entries. First place is a Jackson Coosa, 2nd and 3rd place will pay out nicely (50 entrants equals almost $800 for second, little over $500 for 3rd). Prizes for those below 3rd.

Kayaks, canoes, toons, float tubes, SUP's allowed. Wiper, bass, walleye and trout are the target species. CPR, submit your 5 longest fish pics at the end of the day (3:00pm) to me. Of the 5 fish only one can be a wiper. Only 3 of a single species. So a bag could consist of 3 walleye/1 wiper/one trout. 2 bass/2walleye/1trout.

Must photo fish on a Hawg Trough. Anglers are given a unique ID the morning of, that ID must be in the pics.

Aurora fishing rules apply except that for CPR there is no minimum size...therefore everyone should be submitting fish pics.

Starting time is immed after all anglers are signed in, forms completed, rules meeting, safety meeting are completed. All anglers will depart at the same time from the same location (beach area). Angler will return to the start point by 3pm. One inch deduction for each minute late. After 15 minutes of being late, angler is DQ'ed.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I imagine it will be like the Trout event where the gates will open at 5am. Anglers will grab a parking spot and head to the sign-up pavilion. Once all signed in they go grab their vessel, take it to the waters edge and wait for everyone else to get signed in. Meeting held then anglers released.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Jackson has been awesome!!!

The Coosa HD is a hell of a fishing kayak that comes with a ton of accessories already installed! The Coosa HD offers anglers a great deal of versatility too being able to handle rivers.

I picked up the Kayak from Colorado Kayak Supply in Buena Vista a few weeks ago. I visited the retail location and the warehouse and every one of their employees was super friendly and knowledgeable without being pushy. If you're in the market for a fishing kayak or accessories check them out online or even better make the trip down to Buena Vista!

Even if you don't fish the tournament make sure you check out Jackson's line of fishing kayaks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Andrew. It is June 13, Aurora Res. $45 entry via PayPal, $50 for walk up entries. First place is a Jackson Coosa, 2nd and 3rd place will pay out nicely (50 entrants equals almost $800 for second, little over $500 for 3rd). Prizes for those below 3rd.

Kayaks, canoes, toons, float tubes, SUP's allowed. Wiper, bass, walleye and trout are the target species. CPR, submit your 5 longest fish pics at the end of the day (3:00pm) to me. Of the 5 fish only one can be a wiper. Only 3 of a single species. So a bag could consist of 3 walleye/1 wiper/one trout. 2 bass/2walleye/1trout.

Must photo fish on a Hawg Trough. Anglers are given a unique ID the morning of, that ID must be in the pics.

Aurora fishing rules apply except that for CPR there is no minimum size...therefore everyone should be submitting fish pics.

Starting time is immed after all anglers are signed in, forms completed, rules meeting, safety meeting are completed. All anglers will depart at the same time from the same location (beach area). Angler will return to the start point by 3pm. One inch deduction for each minute late. After 15 minutes of being late, angler is DQ'ed.

Anyone notices the Registration deadline is 5/18??

Is it possible to still register?

http://www.theanchorage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nomo3-pkt-FINAL.pdf

1 - 20 of 34 Posts