Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Volcano kettle" at Kellykettle.com Portable low tech stove, according to the web site developed for anglers and sold by the same family for four generations. You can burn pinecones, camel dung or whatever you have on hand. :) Anybody have one? Looks like it might be useful for for ice fishing.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
When the FAQ mentions how to modify it to make it lighter, it means its to heavy for me.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Just for sheets and giggles...did anyone see Survivorman make fire from his flashlight? That was good sheet right there! Take that filament and a little dry wormwood (basically)? Nice.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yeah that was pretty sweet.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I have defintely tucked that little tidbit into my survivor bag. That was way sweet (especially since I carry at least one flashlight at all times.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
dloring said:
I have defintely tucked that little tidbit into my survivor bag. That was way sweet (especially since I carry at least one flashlight at all times.
Why your would not carry a magnesium flint tool if you are at all concerned is beyond me. They are dirt cheap and can start a ton of fires very easily!!

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I have a flint in my survivor bag on my walking stick, along with various other survivor goodies. The flashlight thang was a new one for me and I always like to have more survival knowledge.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
dloring said:
I have a flint in my survivor bag on my walking stick, along with various other survivor goodies. The flashlight thang was a new one for me and I always like to have more survival knowledge.
Ahh cool :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I considered getting one (I still may) they have 3 sizes now but I still think they are kind of expensive. I may try to come up with the same concept without spending much $$ I just like doing things like that :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts