Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pitch do you all run on your kicker motor? I just got a new prop for my kicker off Ebay. 6.25 inch pitch dual thrust, versus the stock 10 inch pitch. I bought it hoping it gives me more boat control - lower and higher top kicker speed. Anyone have experience with kicker prop pitch?

·
Registered
234 Posts
What brand of kicker are you running? If your running a merc. 15hp. I can give you the part # you need. (think it works on a 9.9 also)

To slow down or speed up I use my tilt and trim on my kicker. If you have that on your kicker play with it.

I can speed up or slow down by 0.1to 0.3 tens. No sure what you might get out of your boat. Good luck.....

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MB,

Yamaha 15 4 stroke. I aready recieved the prop, it looks new, $2.46 plus $5.40 shipping. With the old prop I used to be able to get down to 1.2 in light-no wind, for walleye I wanted half that. I guess I could have used a drift sock off the bow or tried back trolling. I don't have trim on my kicker, its the basic tiller thing. Next year I might put one of those electronic speed controls for it.

T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts