Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the ice Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Fishing was tough but I was able to coax some fish with tungsten jigs tipped with eyes, and chubby darters. I found them deep, about 42', and they were biting light. 17 Thursday, 16 Saturday, and 9 Sunday, I blame the full moon!

Also got a few of these pesky things...

Good eats!

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Impressive!...looks butt ass cold...if its where I think it is would like to try it once this winter...cold in that 14er valley though...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
we were out Sunday, Ranger rick came to check license, that dude was scared shitless of that ice was best comedy of the day! he would not get close to us made us reach over to hand license, lol 5' black ice you can drive a fricken truck on.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
we were out Sunday, Ranger rick came to check license, that dude was scared shitless of that ice was best comedy of the day! he would not get close to us made us reach over to hand license, lol 5' black ice you can drive a fricken truck on.
Too bad you didnt have an air horn in your pocket!...lol

·
Registered
936 Posts
I saw some questionable activity myself at Harvey. It looked liked 2 gentleman (there could have been 1 or 2 more hiding in the shacks) had 10 deadstick rods out looking for pike. They took up about 200 yards of shoreline (not illegal). The ranger drove by and they immediately ran out and start reeling some up. ::)

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The rangers at harvey sure don't seem to give a ****. I can't tell you how many times I've seen atvs, snowmobiles, and dogs out there and the rangers don't do anything. I don't get what purpose all these laws/rules have if they're not gonna enforce them.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Yep control your mutts...people letting their frigging dogs run...getting tangled in lines and hooks on spare rods...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
and kids yelling and running around too, keep those ankle biting, germ infested, noise making, rug rats close or better yet in the car....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts