Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we kicked some butt out on the ice today (well fish that is)

left at 4am and it was snowing out, snow packed\wet roads on 285 from denver all the way to kanosha pass. then dry, snowing as we arrive and our gas auger took a crap again, thx jeff for lettin us drill, hand augers suck.

got there at the boatramp and met elkdeerbear at 630. headed out, ice was 8 inches everywhere we drilled. it was a complete white out there this morning and NO WIND edb and pops discussing fishing, the lake now has a 1 inch cover of snow on it as of today

as soon as it was light enough to see our indicators my pops rod was bending and i was slindin over to land him whammo nice one on right away, then 3 min later same thing another nice one, he was limited out by 720am, i was like let me fish pops.

as the morning progressed we all had hook ups and missed plenty, took a couple pics as well.

me and edb enjoying what antero has to offer

me with my 2nd one of the day, limited out

then i look over and EDB's rod is goin crazy, run over there to help land and the fish is as slippery as a bar a soap, he gets hooked into my sleeve and finally get him out. very nice fish EBD.

a pic of me and dad on the ice

our fish

action starts to die around 9ish and it was time to start the jiggin few more here and there, some slimers, EDB got a 12 inch brookie, then the sun came out and it was a gorgeous day with very very light wind. we take off i think around 11:30....after all with no wind and FINALLY a snow pack on the ice it ended up being a really beautiful day with really low clouds hanging above......

still be carefull though, there is some open water, saw some rising to the surface and a guy fishin it with long rods. dont know how he did

so antero, when ur ready to get ur butt kicked again, give me a call, ill be home all week!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Awesome post Patrick. Thanks for meeting me out there today. Thanks for putting pictures of my ugly ass in your post. ;) Was great fishing with you and your Dad. ;D

·
Registered
516 Posts
How can it be a whiteout, when there is no wind? We have fished before, with 30mph winds and snow,..and couldn't see what we had in our hands when we relieved ourselves. (hey, no Seinfeld jokes! ;D)
But an excellent report and pics. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
colonative said:
Kill em n grill em...nice! Good job. Good to see some snow on that ice.
ya, we must of timed it just right. i think this is the first non-puckering day for antero. ;D i cant stand clear ice, man it messes with me.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Way cool, EDB and Grump! 90% of catching is just fishing. Keep trying, thay will come! Just a little better than G-town, huh?

·
Registered
66 Posts
So were you guys fishing the south boat ramp area or north?

If you don't mind, what jig/bait did you have the best of luck with? Saw that you had a pic of the gulp eggs in one of your pics, were u guys using that to tip your jigs with?

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nittany Lion said:

If you don't mind, what jig/bait did you have the best of luck with? Saw that you had a pic of the gulp eggs in one of your pics, were u guys using that to tip your jigs with?
north, look at the last pic with the open water. dad and i tie some trout jiggs, they were on chartrueese (sp) with a white head and a orange and green one i think the size of the jig was a 16th it was like an inch long, i also got mine on a orange ratifinki, then the sun was out more and i switched to this one inch little rubberminnow with a lead head, that worked pretty well, i think EDB got his on a redish pink tube and the brookie on a pimmple with some green or pink on it, those berkley things, dad got those first to fish on them, they are pink maggots... they stink, they are rubber though, i tried them and had no luck, i guess to each fish his own ;D hope this helps

·
Registered
66 Posts
GrumpieGills said:
Nittany Lion said:

north, look at the last pic with the open water. dad and i tie some trout jiggs, they were on chartrueese (sp) with a white head and a orange and green one i think the size of the jig was a 16th it was like an inch long, i also got mine on a orange ratifinki, then the sun was out more and i switched to this one inch little rubberminnow with a lead head, that worked pretty well, i think EDB got his on a redish pink tube and the brookie on a pimmple with some green or pink on it, those berkley things, dad got those first to fish on them, they are pink maggots... they stink, they are rubber though, i tried them and had no luck, i guess to each fish his own ;D hope this helps
Ok cool thanks.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Nice job guys. We fished off the north boat ramp today also. We went west and had some good action. Glad to see you had lots of action.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Hot pink is my best lure color just about anywhere. As for bait, I used that new product called Master Bait, orange or pink! :eek: ;D

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
U's2Btwistertail said:
Nice job guys. We fished off the north boat ramp today also. We went west and had some good action. Glad to see you had lots of action.
we actually stopped gettin bites at like 830, we moved, i found 12 FOW off the north boat ramp with 1 weed around us lookin down a few 10 inch holes. i got a little silver minnow jig i switched to, it worked really well, just sit there and keep twitchin it. ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts