Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CSU Student Chapter of the American Fisheries Society is putting on a KIDS only fishing derby (17 and younger) for this upcoming weekend, and tickets are still available. College Lake has lots of northerns (most in the 18 - 28" range, but there are some hogs), a few very big bass, a few walleye, and some outsized crappie. The spring fishing derby has no age limitations and tickets sell out in minutes, but this one is kids-only, so if you've got a kid who's interested in fishing and want to put them on a lake where the chance of getting a northern or two is really good, check this out.

Here's a link to the announcement.

For more information, contact AFSCSU[at]gmail.com

·
Registered
258 Posts
He's in. If anyone's interested you can register you child at Jax in Ft. Collins.
Sign in is at 7am and they fish from 8am to noon. Come out and have some fun with your kids.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I'm sure you'll be the only tall volunteer there :D
I pretty much am otherwise I probably wouldn't have said that. Being that I'm in AFS, I know who the volunteers are. I volunteered with them the last three derby events. It's a pretty small group and plus we have Afs meetings regularly. I see them all the time and hang out with them. Its not too complicated;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
The CSU Student Chapter of the American Fisheries Society is putting on a KIDS only fishing derby (17 and younger) for this upcoming weekend, and tickets are still available. College Lake has lots of northerns (most in the 18 - 28" range, but there are some hogs), a few very big bass, a few walleye, and some outsized crappie. The spring fishing derby has no age limitations and tickets sell out in minutes, but this one is kids-only, so if you've got a kid who's interested in fishing and want to put them on a lake where the chance of getting a northern or two is really good, check this out.

Here's a link to the announcement.

For more information, contact AFSCSU[at]gmail.com
Is the lake gonna be stocked with anything before this event? is the lake open to the public when the fishing derby is over with?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Is the lake gonna be stocked with anything before this event? is the lake open to the public when the fishing derby is over with?
Why would a private lake need stocking? Aint nobody going there to try to catch some trout. No the lake isn't open to the public after, that would defeat the purpose of tickets even being sold in the first place...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts