Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I had room at the helm to put either one of these units, but I don't. All that will fit is a small screen model.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where there is will there is a way!!! ;D mine was a tight fit but it made it, they are very heavy though, I plan on doing some dash reinforcements....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bobco said:
where there is will there is a way!!!  ;D mine was a tight fit but it made it, they are very heavy though, I plan on doing some dash reinforcements....
For years I had my X-85 on the floor between my feet but I would get so intent watching it that several times I almost ran into things (little stuff...like other boats and cliffs) so I moved it up on the dash. Believe me I've tried to figure out a way. I think I'll just wait 'til Lowrance makes a color unit the size of the LMS-332C but with 4000 watts of power and then get it.

Congrats on yours! I love the detail and target separation on those!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its all about the ram mounts i have mounted 2 x-111hd units on the dash of my crestliner ( could not see the gauges but what do you need them for anyway)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bernie said:
its all about the ram mounts    i have mounted 2 x-111hd units on the dash of my crestliner ( could not see the gauges but what do you need them for anyway)
I've already got mine hanging out on a Ram mount. I barely have enough clearance beteween the unit and the steering wheel to turn the wheel in an emergency, as it is. But emergency maneuverability seems like kind of a luxury when compared to the ability to see more stuff down there! ;D ;D ;D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
go to a tactor store and get a suicide knob. or just lose some of that beer gut ;D ;D >:D either one of these or a combo of both will help your "emergency" turns the knob will also help you turn the boat when you are not in the drivers seat running the boat ( very helpful there)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bernie said:
go to a tactor store and get a suicide knob. or just lose some of that beer gut  ;D ;D >:D     either one of these or a combo of both will help your "emergency" turns     the knob will also help you turn the boat when you are not in the drivers seat running the boat ( very helpful there)
Those are all good ideas!! Never thought of the knob job. Even the one phrased so indelicately! Good thing I'm not the sensitive type!

(And, yes, the double entendre was intentional.)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
leave it to Bernie to know about knob jobs,,,,way to go Bernie!!!!! ;D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
everyone i have ever mentioned the "knob job" to loves it even the sensitive guys. makes a great x-mas present from the other half

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may have to stop at murdochs after work and set about a job! thanks Bernie

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TAL0362 said:
What a bunch of nut jobs ;D

Don, the 337 is dual frequency - 4000 watts.
Yes, but I think the 200khz mode in the DF transducer is a much narrower cone angle than the cone angle of the single frequency 200 khz transducer.  If I remember right it's 12 degrees versus 20 degrees.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What I really want is the X-19 or X-25 detail in a small box! That's not asking for much!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a bunch of nut jobs ;D

I thought you might be calling us knob jobs ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts