Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to 11mile on monday. Fished witchers cove in about 100' of water. The guys flashin cowbells were landin um every couple of minutes from about 830-1000am. We didn't have any flashers so they couldn't see our bait, but we had one school stop by at 15'. We could see them down the hole, and they each took a close look at my rooster tail and moved on. It was pretty awesome to see. I asked the fellas what they were using and they said kastmasters, swedish pimples tipped w/mealies along with their flashbox. They also said they were fishing 20-50'.We had no flashbox, and that was the difference I think.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
good to hear about some kokes for a change, next time you see a school , make sure you have some flourescent jigs, i like hot pinks and oranges for kokes , i can see how those guys were catching kokanee will hit kastmasters and swedish pimples pretty well, i just got a aqua view camara , i might have to go try there

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
exactly, all the folks around us had them, and had a lot of fish. It was exciting and frustrating at the same time.

G

·
Yes.  They typically don't have hooks on them, just the flashers.

Does anyone have plans for building one of these? Or do you know of anyplace that sells them? All I know is that most of the homemade ones are reportedly built with an old windshield wiper motor. I haven't actually seen one for years.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Don In Denver said:
Yes.  They typically don't have hooks on them, just the flashers.

Does anyone have plans for building one of these?  Or do you know of anyplace that sells them?  All I know is that most of the homemade ones are reportedly built with an old windshield wiper motor.  I haven't actually seen one for years.
I have seen plans for one made with a 12 V windshield wiper motor and arm, but I can't find them, now.

G

·
Don, just go buy a old windshield washer motor and let your creativity take over, mine is from a 1978 pinto I beleive, maybe that was my wife 1977 vega, anyhow a wiper motor with an arm that swings (pumps)with some tipup line and a string of cowbells, a long time buddy of mine has a double pumper that runs two holes and 2 set of bells, if you got kokes in the area though a 1/4 oz kastmaster with white shoepeg corn will kill em every time, of course you have got to use the vex or lowrance to put it in front of their face, just a little jiggle, when they hit set the hook like captian JIm taught you, they don't give a second chance like a walleye,,,,,good fishin

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So just exactly what do you guys mean by a 'string of cowbells'? Just something shiny strung up that you jig to bring 'em in?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts