Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to 11mile on monday. Fished witchers cove in about 100' of water. The guys flashin cowbells were landin um every couple of minutes from about 830-1000am. We didn't have any flashers so they couldn't see our bait, but we had one school stop by at 15'. We could see them down the hole, and they each took a close look at my rooster tail and moved on. It was pretty awesome to see. I asked the fellas what they were using and they said kastmasters, swedish pimples tipped w/mealies along with their flashbox. They also said they were fishing 20-50'.We had no flashbox, and that was the difference I think.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
good to hear about some kokes for a change, next time you see a school , make sure you have some flourescent jigs, i like hot pinks and oranges for kokes , i can see how those guys were catching kokanee will hit kastmasters and swedish pimples pretty well, i just got a aqua view camara , i might have to go try there

D

·
0 Posts
scody357 said:
We had no flashbox, and that was the difference I think.
By "flashbox" do you mean one of those jigging machines that yanks a string of flashers up and down?

D

·
0 Posts
Yes.  They typically don't have hooks on them, just the flashers.

Does anyone have plans for building one of these? Or do you know of anyplace that sells them? All I know is that most of the homemade ones are reportedly built with an old windshield wiper motor. I haven't actually seen one for years.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Don In Denver said:
Yes.  They typically don't have hooks on them, just the flashers.

Does anyone have plans for building one of these?  Or do you know of anyplace that sells them?  All I know is that most of the homemade ones are reportedly built with an old windshield wiper motor.  I haven't actually seen one for years.
I have seen plans for one made with a 12 V windshield wiper motor and arm, but I can't find them, now.

B

·
0 Posts
Don, just go buy a old windshield washer motor and let your creativity take over, mine is from a 1978 pinto I beleive, maybe that was my wife 1977 vega, anyhow a wiper motor with an arm that swings (pumps)with some tipup line and a string of cowbells, a long time buddy of mine has a double pumper that runs two holes and 2 set of bells, if you got kokes in the area though a 1/4 oz kastmaster with white shoepeg corn will kill em every time, of course you have got to use the vex or lowrance to put it in front of their face, just a little jiggle, when they hit set the hook like captian JIm taught you, they don't give a second chance like a walleye,,,,,good fishin

D

·
0 Posts
_colorado said:
So just exactly what do you guys mean by a 'string of cowbells'?  Just something shiny strung up that you jig to bring 'em in?
Something like this:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts