Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
bobco said:
If you fish blue mesa I suggest you bring a 10" auger ;D, go big or go home!!!!
Yeah that I can believe...50 pound laker possibilities...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
bobco said:
If you fish blue mesa I suggest you bring a 10" auger ;D, go big or go home!!!!
Ha ha! You would know!!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Orion said:
Haha, Z is always right.
Never, ever agree with Zman or tell him he is right unless you qualify it with something like, "even a blind dog finds a bone occasionally".

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I'm not really an ice fisherman..................but I do know that it would break my heart to lose a trophy class fish because I drilled too small a hole. I say.........go big or go home. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was fishing Green Mtn. last year and saw a guy step in a 10" hole, when he pulled his foot out the boot went 180' to the bottom. That was the fastest I have ever seen anybody run off the lake in a sock.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
zman said:
He uses an 8 inch power auger...and has gotten some pretty big fish through the ice...before I left I remember him telling a story of big fish at Granby coming through a six hole that I remembered him saying he witnessed...he said it was the state record at one time...37 pounds...and came through a 6 inch hole...he goes with the 8 cuz it cuts quicker, uses less gas and is lighter weight...plus you wont snap your leg off in one...
You missed a good walleye dinner, a chance to fish with bernie for free and a 250+ rod a reel for that last night?

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I didnt even get out of work until 6pm...no way I would of made it to Berthoud by a decent hour...it was worth the price of admission...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Whether fishing for free with Bernie is a good thing or not depends...

...on whether you're Bernie! ;D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts