Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

King me

5K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  Bobco 
#1 · (Edited)
Kings everywhere and on fire in Kachemak Bay, Homer Ak. catching them right in front of the harbor!! its been a great year that just keeps getting better.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Feeder Kings, just like all the Whales around they come for the bait, their stomachs are loaded with it.
Most are hatchery fish from the Pnw and Canada and they keep raising the numbers stocked.
Close to half are adipose clipped, we get a few White ones that are known to come from a few tributaries of the Fraser River, BC.
Thank you Canada!!

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comments.
Loving our small piece of the cool paradise while we are here.
Back to Beautiful Co. soon.
I'll have plenty of Smoked Salmon for ice fishing season to share and maybe even some smoked lake trout for Z.
Hope to see you guys out there on the big G, Cheers.

#33 · (Edited)
Saturdays catch, King fishing was insane, left late and came back early, all were caught on light tackle.
Today we were done with kings in less than an hour and ended up with some nicer Halibut,(no pics) lost a big one that was screaming drag for a long time that tangled up in the other lines, we had her up close to the boat with a mess of tangled line that we were trying to deal with when she made another strong run and broke off, what a blast on light tackle!!
Mount Augustine an active Volcano in the background

#37 · (Edited)
October 1st through April 30th it's 2 a day, no annual limit.
In Alaska once it's processed and or frozen it no longer counts as possession.
Yah I've been experimenting with a light smoke, canned combination of my native friends in Craig's recipe and my normal brine and smoke, looks like I nailed it!
Like Ray Troll say's... If You Must Smoke, Smoke Salmon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.