Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fillet and hunting knives were getting really dull and I am the worst at sharpening any knife. I went to Cabelas and bought a Work Sharp($99.99 version) sharpening kit. I watched the furnished video and after changing the belt once was able to sharpen every knife in the house (including 8 kitchen, 3 hunting and 4 fillet knives) in about 20 minutes. Really easy to use. The templet I chose was the 50 degree one there are two other templates and 6 belts with the unit. The belt I chose appears to be able to sharpen many more.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
the other day I sharpened 21 kitchen knives in 15 minutes with my Work sharpener, none were very dull. I like a sharp knife so I have lots of knives and set them aside till a bunch are dull. I also have 14 hunting knives and take all of them to the hills when we go hunting, if one gets a bit dull we set aside and grab a sharp one, when we get home it only takes about 15 minutes to sharpen all the dull ones to be ready for next year. Work also sharpens your axes and hatchets and any yard tools you have. the only knives that took a lot of time to sharpen were some that some idiot sharpened on a grinder and ruined the angle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts