Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the nerve to try one of these "Eyoyo" or other knockoff cameras you can find on ebay and other places? I imagine they are probably not very good quality but every once in a while there is a decent item available that competes with the "quality" (Aqua-View, Marcum) brands. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried them since they are less than half what the major brands cost. I'd really like to get a camera but at $350-600 for anything decent, hoping there might be a cheaper alternative. Anyone have anything used out there? I do realize that you typically get what you pay for but just hoping against hope...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
They are likely the same camera's and monitors sold by the big name manufacturers. Unfortunately Chinese suppliers don't have a lot of brand loyalty, they sell to who ever will buy the product they were hired to produce.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a B/W fish TV for a couple of years and it was really cool then I thought I would
upgrade to a big name color underwater camera. Needless to say I got sticker shock
and ended up buying an Eyoyo, totally a roll of the dice but my son and I are very impressed with it. Be careful when you buy one, there are little differences between sellers but overall I have been very happy with it.
I was going to film Saturday at monument lake but nothing even swam by but I may go up to the mile in a couple days and try to post a video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts