Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite knots for tying a superline (nano) mainline to a fluorocarbon leader?

Also, what are your favorite knots for tying jerkbaits? I have had problems in the past pulling knots after aggressively cranking for a while.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
double uni...6 or 7 wraps with nano...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Z- I put 14 lb nano on three of my rods to try it. What lb test do you throw?

Do you have any problems with breakage-I haven't but I hear other guys say they do.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Improved Albright is my preferred knot... it is thin and tested redic high in test retention. I use the albright for many line to line connections, but with braid, def use the improved. Make sure to use the braid as the wrapping end and the fluoro as the looped end.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Improved Albright is my preferred knot... it is thin and tested redic high in test retention. I use the albright for many line to line connections, but with braid, def use the improved. Make sure to use the braid as the wrapping end and the fluoro as the looped end.
:thumb:

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Dang, I think you just found the proverbial better mousetrap! I've been doing uni to uni but this looks easier! :thumb:
Yep... easier to tie than a lot of them...
AND... the ULTIMATE test for me was at C.C. a few weeks ago..
Landed a 20+ lb carp on that knot tied to 6lb Flouro.... ;D;D
Oh Yeah.... on a "blade bait" LOL!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IFSHDOU2 - that is a sick knot! Thanks for sharing!!

Z and others, thanks for sharing as well - looks like I have a few to try out.

Now, what knots do you guys like for crankbaits?

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
What am I missing the alberto and the albright look like the same knot. I always called the uni a blood knot. The alberto looks pretty easy to tie and I have always struggled with braid to flouro slipping, maybe this one will eliminate that problem.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I have always struggled with braid to flouro slipping, maybe this one will eliminate that problem.
I was wondering that with the Alberto since he scratches the coating off to remove the slickness...and the nano i use is even slicker than regular braid and I havent had slippage issues with double unis slipping with nano...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
double uni...6 or 7 wraps with nano...
I like the double uni knot too. Simple and the lines just go past each other, so there is no way for them to cut each other. I do 6 wraps with Power Pro; 5 on the mono/fluoro.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have always called the uni knot a duncan loop. I use it alot for my tippet to fly connections because you can leave the knot open to allow for free movement of the fly with heavy tippet. never thought to use it for mono leader to floro tippet connections. I was going mono tippet to lead fly, then tying my floro to the hook bend or eye of the lead fly. I will have to try the double uni when I am strictly fishing nymphs. Good thread!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts