Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just got accepted to Colorado School of Mines and im a native born and raised texan. I love fly fishing like you guys, any tips on where i should go. No more then 2-3 hours radius from GOlden would be nice. ;D. Im very interested in exploring the back-country and hicking out to remote areas. Any tips would be great O0

Im gonna be spending a lot of time up there!

S

·
0 Posts
Drive west for 5 minutes :)

Everything nearby is frozen till April, high country didnt open up till July last year.

All you've got now are the tailwaters of Cheeseman/Deckers, Big Thompson, Blue River, Williams Fork. Expect crowded conditions at all of them.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Try going past Kremling find access to the canyon west of kremling
Search a map ---- you could die out there at this time of year, but their will be know one else ------ it's mean back country fishin

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Geez 720, be nice :D :D :D :D :D

Altoids, are you on the Texas Fishing Forum? Just Curious.....

There's plenty of fly fishing near Golden, but you won't get anyone to give it up on a silver platter for you.....

You'll find it....

BHR 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i usually use that forum but now that im gonna go to college in golden next semester i thought i could use some native colorado advice

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I was being kind. I thought hardcore was the menu he was after. you know "the Colorado dream"
he'll ya got a ranch to hunt yokes, or hogs, I'll take the guy out

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
HOTSPOT ALERT, HOTSPOT ALERT EVERYONE BUST OUT YOUR GOOGLE EARTH!! Clear Creek runs through golden. If you see a blue, classic jeep cherokee with stickers all over the back windows park next to it and go high hole the guy. And don't eat the yellow dirt.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
TANGLER said:
HOTSPOT ALERT, HOTSPOT ALERT EVERYONE BUST OUT YOUR GOOGLE EARTH!! Clear Creek runs through golden. If you see a blue, classic jeep cherokee with stickers all over the back windows park next to it and go high hole the guy. And don't eat the yellow dirt.
Boy I sure am glad you don't know what my car looks like. DAMN ;D

S

·
0 Posts
TANGLER said:
HOTSPOT ALERT, HOTSPOT ALERT EVERYONE BUST OUT YOUR GOOGLE EARTH!!  Clear Creek runs through golden.  If you see a blue, classic jeep cherokee with stickers all over the back windows park next to it and go high hole the guy.  And don't eat the yellow dirt.
Remind me to buy a beater fishin rig....DAMN BRO !! If you do see me, say hello and ill get you a good area to fish.

Cough...... midget

S

·
0 Posts
O0

Cam - think i may head up and harass the local kids again, flows at 85

1 - 15 of 15 Posts