Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished Green Mountain or Williams Fork lately for Kokanee? I have fished Wolford and done ok the last few days but looking for better fish.

Wood

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Kokes at Willys are few and far between. Don't waste your time, just drive the extra 17 miles north to Wolford.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Usually your better (bigger) fish are going to be at Blue Mesa, but they're having an off year. Kinda sad for Colorado kokes right now. . . :-\

·
Registered
46 Posts
How's Williams for the other fishing? I read pike was good. What can be said about Williams?

I would love a pike but would not mind catching other fish as well. If you have pike info you would like to share that would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
yea, plenty of pike in Williams Fork. Fish the west side of the lake and the finger bays or the flats on the southwest side. Huck some jerkbaits or spinnerbaits and I'm sure you'll bump into a few fish. That's about all I can say. You just have to fish for them often and you'll start to figure them out. Coming into a great time of year to target them! My favorite time of year for pike. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Usually your better (bigger) fish are going to be at Blue Mesa, but they're having an off year. Kinda sad for Colorado kokes right now. . . :-\
Yes very sad that they killed off a trophy lake trout fishery to supposedly save a weaker man made species that is inconsistent regardless.
Colorado cold water fishery management sucks.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Dont worry about kokes at GM. It has been devestated by gill lice.The state has reduced stocking by 70%. Join me in petitioning to have it managed as a lake trout fishery.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Last few years the runs haven't even been worth it. They took down the traps early.

Wolford is where it's at.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was skunked at williams this monday. It feels like i was fishing the wrong finger from my belly boat. I fished the finger around the boat launch and into the small attaching finger. The associate at Bass Pro recommended this lake too, he even showed me the map and a spot. I fished 2 rods from shore Sunday evening had some rod action and fish jumping, might just have been some crawdads hitting the line. Thats learning and thats why its called fishing. I picked up the belly boat late this summer a new rod and stocked the box with some nice lures. next season should be strong for me. I am going to chock this season up to learning and getting serious about fishing.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
dont give up on the lake just yet.

fall is when it starts to get good. cant wait for november....

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
as the fall wears on, you don't need a belly boat. but im sure they will help.... if you got thick waders, cuz that water gets frigid mid october.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts