Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i decided this is the year that i would go salmon fishing since leaving the great lakes area..i know from reading reports last year that cheeseman offers exceptionally well fishing for kokes..can anybody tell me or pm me when they start grouping up for the spawn? i know its gotta be pretty soon and like to get up there and try it out before the snagging season starts...any info would be much appreciated..thx colobassmaster

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I think Cheeseman can be tough since you are limited to fishing from shore, and just in one part of the lake. Some guys seem to do ok using metal and pink lures. I had a blast snagging up there last year, later in the run. :)

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i did good there from shore last year around first week of september using pink tasmanian devils i would say it should be good in 2-3 weeks

·
Registered
901 Posts
I recently did a search of the reports section to see when the action there was best last year and it looked like it was mid Sept to mid Oct. with Oct being bast for snagging.

·
Registered
244 Posts
When the koke action is on, it can be a lot of fun....just don't expect the great lakes sizes. I grew up on Lake Erie so I remember the giants that came out of that place. A typical koke at the Cheese is in the 15-17" range....and tasty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts