Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I was hoping to start this thread with the idea that it would keep going with pictures and reports. But first, are there any kokes moving up in any of the rivers? I have not been to the dream stram or the blue in quite a while. Will be heading there soon so will keep you all posted. -M

S

·
0 Posts
Yep, slowly starting on the blue but they are small.

DS is great if this years numbers are good after all the die off from gill lice, best late Oct - Mid Nov IMO.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Can anyone fill me in on the Koke situation on the DS right now? Haven't been up there yet this year. PM's fine by me...

Thanks!

Tom : )

·
Registered
475 Posts
I just received this from Ghillies fly shop newsletter in Colorado Springs.

"Though some salmon from Elevenmile Reservoir have entered the Dream Stream above, their population appears to be down. Consequently, the Colorado Division of Wildlife does not plan to set up a spawn-taking station on the river this year. The DOW will monitor the run and still may take some salmon spawn without the station. If the situation changes, details will be announced accordingly. "

Hope this helps,
John G.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
Go to Wolford off the Dam corner. Would be fun with anything pink. Why must it be a river to be called fly-fishing?
totally. I'm better at still water with the longrod....mainly because im a noob... but Wolford from shore on micro-flesh or anything pink, like you say, I'm sure would be a hoot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well??????????????????????? I have not been to Dream stream in quite some time. Anybody been there lately?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not many kokes left in the DS that I have seen. Caught one a couple weeks back and saw one about a week ago and that is it. I am not a big fan of the kokes, as they seem to shred all my flies with those nasty teeth. They do put up a heck of a a fight and make some truck-like runs though. So, I really wasn't looking for them up there.

However, there were quite a few of them in the old DS back in late Sep. Mostly in the lower river and they tend to stack below the gauging station. Some up river as well, but most around that gauging station if you are looking for them. Might be a little late this year unless they make another run. Kokes in the DS were running around 18-23" this year and I have landed them up to 26" in the past. So, if you are looking for kokes this would be a good place to target. Numbers are down from the past due to the gill lice issue, but there are still a fair number to be had.

Here are a couple my buddy and I landed on a double hook up at the DS. The other is a cool pic from tahoe and it is a pretty nice little koke run they have up there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
541 Posts
My buddy fished the Blue in town today and said he saw a few of them through the outlet section... Didn't know they made it that far upstream...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts