Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the ice while still dark(SHH) and we weren't even the first ones on the ice. and the first hour at antero in 2 fow, had 17 koks on the ice. Craziness. by 7am there were 50 guys within a 50 foot area right off the South Side boat ramp. all eventually caught some, but it on and off all day. not like it was in the dark....lol :eek: it was good day...on our way home by 11:00am

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm surprised people are still keeping the Kokes, we caught some yesterday and they looked half dead. They just didn't look good to eat, but I guess I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Nittany Lion said:
I'm surprised people are still keeping the Kokes, we caught some yesterday and they looked half dead. They just didn't look good to eat, but I guess I'm wrong.
Yeah, I call those "zombie" fish. They are slimey and smelly and sometimes the flesh even falls off when you grab them. :p Brined and smoked with Alder chips they come out pretty good though. . .

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yep smoked is the best way for the spawners! These kokes are not that bad yet, not scabbing up yet. Hell, some of the 39 we brought home were still barely changing pink! Looked like trout at first light and sight! It's the (gold) roe that I'm after mainly!

No I wasn't the first one there... ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok ok it was the first time I had ever slammed KOKS with a bunch of guys....lol It was wild, especially guys trying to come and put thier pole in my hole....MY HOLE! ha ha ha then there was a puch of KOKS spraying sperm all over the ice. After all it was a gay day. LMAO!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trying to upload some pics, how in heck do you get them on here. Keeps saying they are too big or the uploader is full. HELP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts